United Kingdom > Salvation Army International Heritage Centre Archive
Salvation Army homes for women: Ivy House Maternity Home
Scope and content
These are the Records of Ivy House Maternity Home, Hackney, 1890-1910.
The records are arranged as follows:
IVY 1: Maternity registers, 1890-1910
IVY 2: Report, 1909
IVY 3: Certificate, 1895
Records creator's history
In 1890 The Salvation Army opened a maternity and rescue home at Ivy House, 271 Mare Street, Hackney, London. On 1 May 1894 the rescue work was moved to a different site and Ivy House became the Salvation Army's first dedicated maternity hospital. In 1913 this function was replaced by The Mothers' Hospital on Lower Clapton Road and Ivy House was closed.
Conditions governing access
Open for research. The reading room of The Salvation Army International Heritage Centre is open Tue-Fri 9.30-4.00. It is advisable to make an appointment. Tel: 0207 326 7800; email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Conditions governing reproduction
Rights to access and re-use digital objects:
Rights to access and re-use archival descriptive information:
Other finding aids
A multi-level description of this collection can be accessed in the International Heritage Centre's online catalogue:
Language of the material
The Salvation Army
Salvation Army International Heritage Centre Archive