United Kingdom > Harlaxton Manor Archives
Local area - Miscellaneous
Language of the material
Harlaxton Manor Archives
Added by Linda Dawes, College Librarian, Feb 2018
Records creator's history
A collection of miscellaneous items relating to the local area surrounding Harlaxton Manor
System of arrangement
Location: Box 11
- loc/5/1 Extracts from Knapp, Malcolm (1990). Grantham: a pictorial history. Phillimore. [3 x copies: loc/5/1/1 Introduction; loc/5/1/2 and 3 The Early Settlement p. 12-127. Book held in College Library]
- loc/5/2 Extract from source unknown Sir William Le Neve 281 Charter of Ralf ... confirming land held in ... Harlaxton ... (1191-1200). [Latin; donated by H J Davies, Surrey]
- loc/5/3 Newspaper cuttings
- loc/5/3/1 An architect looks at local buildings and comments on some designs by Watkin and Salvin. Grantham Journal 31 December 1971.
- loc/5/3/2 2 x cuttings about Grantham being the most boring town. Sources unknown.
- loc/5/3/3 Kluger, Marilyn. Article about Gingerbread The Courier Journal, October 21, 1992
- loc/5/3/4 Cutting from Grantham Journal 8 September 1995. Charlie, Nora and the chocolate factory
- loc/5/4 Article about The Ironstone Mines by Kathleen Fanhead. Undated, possibly 1995. Accompanying correspondence to Dr Stepsis, College Principal.
- loc/5/5 Information about Isaac Newton
- loc/5/5/1 English, J. S (1977). "...and all was light" Isaac Newton 1642-1727. Lincolnshire Library Service. [Includes 2 x programmes for Civic Commemoration of 250 year anniversary of Newton's death
- loc/5/5/2 Hilton, Wallace A (1976). The Lincolnshire homes of Sir Isaac Newton. Reprinted from The Physics Teacher, 14(6), Sept 1976.
- loc/5/6 Article about Thomas Paine. Grantham Journal 2003-4
- loc/5/7 Copy of etching of Belvoir Castle, seat of Duke of Rutland. Picture shows second castle built in 1668 and pulled down in 1800. Item labelled "With Dixon & Parker Ltd.'s Compliments, Market Place & High Street, Grantham" [4 x copies]
- loc/5/8 Two lithographic illustrations of Denton Hall from Building News vol 47, p.1034, 1884 (interior); vol 37, p. 428, 1879 (elevation and floor plan). [A3 copies]
- loc/5/9 3 x postcards and 1 x monochrome print of Denton Manor
- loc/5/10 Newspaper cutting: Denton Manor burns down. The Shopper, June 20, 1984. Recounts fire of 1906.
- loc/5/11 Stoke Rochford, Grantham, the seat of Mr. E Turnor. Country Life, Nov 9, 1901
Conditions governing access
By appointment only
Conditions governing reproduction
Subject to copyright
Harlaxton Grantham Lincolnshire United Kingdom Europe
Grantham Lincolnshire United Kingdom Europe