United Kingdom > Harlaxton Manor Archives
Local railways and locomotives
Language of the material
Harlaxton Manor Archives
Added by Linda Dawes, College Librarian, November 2017
System of arrangement
Location: Box 11
- loc/4/1 Tonks, Eric S. (1959). The Ironstone Railways and Tramways of the Midlands. London Locomotive Publishing. p. 184, 216-8, map
- loc/4/2 Stennett, A. (2007). Lost Railways of Lincolnshire. Chapter 24. The Denton and Harlaxton Ironstone Railways. p. 99-102
- loc/4/3 Items from Dept of Manuscripts and Special Collections, University of Nottingham [copies].
- loc/4/3/1 Plan of the proposed Direct Birmingham & Leicester Railway showing the continuation line to Grantham & Boston, 1845
- loc/4/3/2 Birmingham and Boston direct railway - plan, Form of application, 1845.
- loc/4/3/3 Birmingham and Boston Direct railway Company with a branch to Grantham - Provisional Committee
- loc/4/4 Harlaxton Manor locomotive
- loc/4/4/1 Summary of B17 class from Locomotives of the LNER part 2B . The Railway Correspondence and Travel Society, 1975
- loc/4/4/2 Sharpe, Brian (2007) Doncaster's Railway Legends. Mortons Media Group: Horncastle. p. 48-49 Goods engines. extract includes photograph of Harlaxton Manor engine, 1950.
Source of acquisition
Anne and Graham Nannery (Tour Guides), 2002
Conditions governing access
By appointment only
Harlaxton Manor Harlaxton Grantham Lincolnshire United Kingdom Europe